I’m hearing many people in Oak Bay concerned about our bumpy roads and uneven sidewalks. Seniors in particular have passed along worries about trip hazards. Our underground infrastructure needs repairing too. I also hear we need affordable rental housing.
What we’ve done:
• Invested millions upgrading infrastructure.
• Increased spending on roads, sidewalks and bike lanes.
• Started a $20 million project to stop sewage spilling onto our beaches.
What I support
• Implementing a 20+ year plan for water and sewer infrastructure renewal
• Increasing funding for safer, wider sidewalks and better roads.
• Using federal Gas Tax grants (approx. $800,000/year) to make infrastructure upgrades and avoid spikes in taxes.
Redeveloping the Oak Bay Lodge site
• Conducting a proactive community-based public engagement process for Oak Bay residents to have their say on the best use for the Lodge site.
• Exploring the idea of a mixed-use facility that would include a seniors’ daycare and health professional services.
Read more here.